Make a connection, leave your mark!
You can sponsor Afrikaya either by monthly donation or as a one off donation: for general purposes or a specific project.
a. General donations
Your donation goes straight into the school fund and will be spent on whatever the school needs most at that time, allowing each child to directly benefit from this donation. To make a donation, we would prefer you to donate via MyDonate.
If you are a UK tax payer, this makes Gift Aid on your donation much easier for us to collect. If you would prefer, you can set up a monthly Direct Debit, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
b. Child Sponsorship:
If you wish to sponsor an individual child, please go to Sponsor a Child
c. Choose Where Your Money Goes!
Be an active part of the Afrikaya Nursery School and choose where your money will go. Whatever your interest or size of donation, you can feel a big part of the make-up of the school.
THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!
- Sponsor school furniture: a chair for £10, with your name carved on it for a further £5; a school desk for £25; a classroom cupboard for £130.
- Sponsor the upgrade of our solar power. The water pump and the electricity are powered by solar. Three of the five classrooms and the admin block, kitchen and medical centre are without any electricity at the moment. Estimated total to raise is £4,500 but if many people donate a small amount, that will soon be reached.
- Sponsor a school uniform for a non-sponsored child: Many of the families of non-sponsored children struggle to buy their school uniforms. Just £10 will buy 2 uniforms and school t shirt and skirt [for girls].
- Sponsor a sack of rice: £20 will buy a week’s supply of rice for school lunches.
- Sponsor the dining area: benches for children to sit on £25, trestle table £50.
- Sponsor Tiger, the school dog: £5 will go towards her food and vet’s bill.
- Sponsor medication: £15 will buy a supply of malarial medication so that urgent cases can be treated on site by Olly our school nurse. We regularly need to buy vitamin syrup, children’s pain killers, anti-fungal medication and so on
- Sponsor the kitchen garden: £5 will buy seeds and pay for the additional help needed during site preparation and planting.
- Sponsor the Mothers’ Club projects – soap-making and sewing skills. Just £5 a month will cover materials such as mask and gloves, sewing materials, and sewing machine repairs. The Mothers’ Club donates half of its profits to the school.
- Sponsor the rest of the build – the building of the first floor of the new building is underway. This will house a community center and adult skills center. Approximate cost £2,000 with an additional £2000 for the roof. A donation, however small, towards this will be much appreciated.
2. Come along to one of our fundraising events.
For more information, please go to individual events: